Tuesday, August 11, 2009

2009-2010 Predictions

Well - since its been a subject of debate among my friends I want to record my season predictions for the Premier League.

1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Aston Villa
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
--------------
6. Manchester City
7. Tottenham Hotspur
8. Everton
9. Fulham
10. West Ham United
11. Wigan Athletic
12. Sunderland
13. Blackburn Rovers
14. Bolton Wanderers
15. Birmingham City
16. Burnley
17. Portsmouth
--------------
18. Wolverhampton Wanderers #
19. Hull City
20. Stoke City

# As happy as I've been that WOLVES are back in the PL - mainly because I love saying WOLVES! - I think they'll be headed back to the Championship.

Although some people are saying that this is Chelsea's year I have to stick with my boys at Man United. I think we have just as much to prove as Chelski - we can do it without Ronnie. We have more talent than we had last year and we need to show it. Chelsea will be a tough opponent though and I'm looking forward to the next match against them.

Liverpool will probably struggle at first with the loss of Alonso but I think they'll pull themselves together by mid-season and Arsenal will find a way to do well in the first half and fall spectacularly to bits in the second. Everton will probably be consistent.

Just missing out on the top five? As for Man City - well, Man City will do decently because they've so much talent but they're too fractured to pose a real threat to any of the big teams.

What about another title race we might be wondering about? I say Barcelona takes La Liga. Sorry Real Madrid - you can't buy the league.

No comments:

Post a Comment