Wednesday, July 1, 2009

When Will The Shopping Spree Stop?

It has just been announced that former Lyon striker Karim Benzema has been signed by Real Madrid for a fee in the region of £30 million today.

Sky Sports
is the first place I've found the story - which should add more to come in the story in the hours to come.

Benzema has been a United target for the past year. I wonder why United hadn't made a bid for the player sooner this summer - reports have said for weeks that Lyon hadn't received a single offer from Manchester. Did they wait too long?

I know that Florentino Perez wants to have the era of the
galacticos at the Bernabéu - but I'm going to repost the Andy Gray quote I used with the Ronnie singing.

"You can buy Kaka, you can buy Ronaldo, [ and now you can buy Benzema ] but you can't stop letting goals in."

No comments:

Post a Comment